Saturday, November 7, 2009

In our prayers

Yesterday at Jummah prayer our Imam asked the congregation of Muslims gathered for prayer to pray for the dead and wounded at Fort Hood.  He reminded us that the murderer was a lunatic and a madman and the fact that he claimed to be a devote Muslim was irrelevant given the fact that his actions contradicted the teachings of ALLAH.  I have been very upset by the massacre at Fort Hood and was relieved to find out that my sister and her family was not harmed in the rampage as her husband is stationed at Fort Hood.  I have been praying for the dead and wounded and their families to find peace in this time of pain and suffering.
  I only hope that in the midst of this tragedy the American public will not allow itself to follow prey to the natural instinct to blame Islam in general and stereotype Muslims especially the tens of thousands of Muslims who serve proudly and honorably in the U.S. Armed Forces.  As a Muslim-American I believe in this country and its constitution I reject anyone or anything that would threaten or harm America or Americans of all races and religious denominations. 
I found an opinion article on FOX news that really resonated with me and I have provided the link so that more people can read it.  The article was written by Geraldo Rivera and it is very insightful and helpful in this climate to find a positive message thanking Muslim soldiers for their service to God and Country in the U.S. Armed Forces.


I am deeply disturbed by the number of so called "conservative" blogs criticizing Islam as a whole for the horrific actions of one lunatic who claims to be a Muslim. Has anyone asked the religion of the lunatic who went to his former place of employment and opened fire killing one person and wounding several others. If I had to take a wild guess I would assume that lunatic in Florida was a Christian but no one ever mentioned his religion because he was not a Muslim and because his religion like the religion of the Fort Hood shooter is irrelevant. It is nothing but the most base ignorance to condemn Islam and all Muslims for the actions of a few lunatics. As for the Fort Hood shooter I reject his claim that he is a Muslim and I pray that he will be given the death penalty for his unforgivable and despicable crimes against humanity.

No comments:

Post a Comment