Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Religious Runaway to Return Home

The Muslim girl who converted to Christianity has been ordered to return to Franklin County by the Florida Court.  This case to me has never been about religion other than the fact that certain people on both sides tried to manipulate religious differences to create drama.  I only pray that the girl and her family can find some peace and re-establish a relationship.  You only have one family and to lose that connection would be heart-breaking.  Regardless, of your religious denomination family is family. 

I come from a family of Roman Catholics and my decision to embrace Islam was not universally popular within my family at the time I made the decision.  My wife is also Muslim and now I have a blended Christian-Muslim family.  I have never had anything but respect for Christians and Jewish people.

No comments:

Post a Comment